Castleman Learning Network
CASTLEMAN LEARNING NETWORK, WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE LEARNING INSTITUTE
Broadstone First School was designated a Teaching School in the first cohort in 2010 and formed the Poole Teaching School Alliance (Poole TSA). In September 2021 Poole TSA evolved into Castleman Learning Network. As part of our partnership, we work alongside a wide range of schools across Poole, Bournemouth and Dorset. As a network we work together to provide support and development opportunities for professionals across the teaching profession.
The key areas the Castleman Learning Network work on include:
- Providing high quality training and support to new entrants to the teaching profession: Foundation Degree, School Direct Initial Teacher Training, TA and Teacher Apprenticeships.
- Identifying and developing school leaders at all levels, from entering the profession to Headship level.
- Working in partnership with the South Coastal Central Teaching School Hub, providing support, training and assessment for the Early Career Teacher Programme.
- Designating and training Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) who provide leadership support to schools.
- Providing professional development opportunities in a variety of subject areas, leadership development and educational initiatives.
Another important area of our work is sharing the learning from all these opportunities so that as many as possible benefit from the thinking and learning happening in our network. For those schools who would like to engage the support of experts in the area of interest to them, we can point you in the direction of some highly talented and experienced practitioners whose role it is to provide capacity, ideas and support to school leaders and anyone else working with young people – including governors.
There are a wide, varied and hugely exciting range of professional development opportunities open to all, through the Castleman Learning Network. From those thinking about entering the profession to those who have been working with young people for a long time, you are certain to find something to interest, excite and spur you on to engage in your own learning journey.
Further information can be found on our website castlemanlearning.co.uk or please give us a call on 01202 604063 and we’d be very happy to talk you through the options open to you.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Chief Executive Officer